This page lists organizations and resources of use to scientists/naturalists, especially amateurs. Organizations and resources listed here have a global or non-regional focus, please contribute to the Global Organizations page. Please note that a listing here does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by IGoR. Users must use their own judgement.
To add a new entry, just add another line onto a list (beginning with an asterisk), add a link, the organization/resource name, and a short (<200) character description. To add a new category (country or region), create a new heading ("+ …") or subheading ("++ …") and start a new list.
All US or US regions
- NOAA tide and current products: Tide predictions, currents, meteorological data, etc.
- South Eastern Regional Taxonomic Center: Information about marine species between Cape Hatteras (NC) to Cape Canaveral (FL).
- "LiMPETS (Long-term Monitoring Program and Experiential Training for Students) is an environmental monitoring and education program for students, educators, and volunteer groups."-From LiMPETS website
- Inwater Research Group: "Inwater Research Group is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit corporation with a mission to provide the scientific community and general public with information to promote conservation of coastal and marine species and their habitats."
- Smithsonian Marine Station's Field Guide to the Indian River Lagoon and species inventory
- Nature Research and Curriculum Initiative: This program was created by a community college to connect students to nature by promoting undergraduate research. NRCI attempts to make science relevant, create "backyard" biologists, and stimulate conservation through stimulation.
- Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club: "The Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club was created to promote the enjoyment, study, and exchange of information about wild mushrooms."-From Mushroom Club website
- Friday Harbor Labs: This marine biology/oceanography research center has links and programs for local marine flora and fauna and oceanography.
- "Invertebrates of the Salish Sea": Keys for marine invertebrate identification in the Puget Sound/Salish Sea area.